This is the part I like least - due to Fronius' non-disclosure policy.
The inverter chosen by Energossa is a Fronius IG 40. The choice seems to be technically good.
Details of the IG 40:
- Standard warranty is 5 years, I chose 10 years extended warranty.
- up to 94.5 % efficiency
- two power circuits for enhanced efficiency
Now what do I not like about the inverter: I cannot get at the data! While Technische Alternative (DHW system's control manufacturer) were very helpful, Fronius gives no clue on how to access the data.
- The daily data is stored in a Jet database, not complicated, but does not update automatically! For the update, I need to press a toolbar button, then 'Ok' on a message box. While this could be done automatically using tricks, it's just outdated behavior, annoying for me as a programmer.
- The momentary data shown by the software is not available at all (at least I did not find out how).
- The data stream (RS232) is too complicated to hack it 'just for fun'.
Thus for people who would like to view the data, possibly present it in the internet: Don't use Fronius! It wouldn't hurt them to have more software supporting their products, would it?